NCAA March Madness Bitcoin Betting Pool

In case you need another place to bet on March Madness NCAA Men’s Basketball, we’ve posted a pool for who will win with the choice of 4 of the top ranked teams along with a field bet.

You can view the odds on our pool, or login to your account and place a bet by following this link.

At this time, there is about a 45% chance that either Duke, Gonzaga, UNC, or Villanova will win the NCAA Championship.  The odds implied for any other team from the remainder of the field is 55%.

Fantasy Draft PGA Tour Arnold Palmer Invitational

After our first test game last week, we have posted another Double-Up fantasy contest with a 0.002 btc entry fee this week for the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Rory McIlroy is the favorite to win, and he is priced for value on our draft list.

The Course: Bay Hill Club & Lodge, 7,419 yards, par 72. A rustic golf outpost on Orlando’s rural outskirts got a major boost in 1965 when Arnold Palmer proclaimed it the “best course in Florida” upon his first visit. Over time, Palmer eventually bought the place and made it his winter base. The PGA TOUR arrived in 1979, when the old Florida Citrus Open relocated across town to “Arnie’s Place.” Laid out in 1961 by Dick Wilson, Palmer’s constant tinkering over the years has left no doubt about whose stamp it bears. Bay Hill’s closing trio of holes often yields a dramatic finish, most notably Robert Gamez’s stunning 7-iron holeout at No. 18 to vault past Greg Norman in the 1990 edition.

The Field: Jason Day, the final champion to have that special greenside moment with The King, defends his title against a roster that includes a dozen others from the top 25 in the world rankings. Hideki Matsuyama and Henrik Stenson are other top-10 entrants. … Korean pro Jeunghun Wang, with three European Tour wins in the past 10 months, makes his second start on U.S. soil. The first came at last year’s PGA Championship. Also, world No. 11 Alex Noren tees it up on these shores for the first time since Baltusrol. … John Daly, now a PGA TOUR Champions regular, returns to Bay Hill for the first time since 2006. He might be best known around the place for the 18 he carded at No. 6 in 1998.

Storylines: Palmer’s absence from his beloved tournament will hover over the week, an occasion for both sadness and joy in his legacy. Attendees at Bay Hill will see a new bronze statue of Palmer, positioned to overlook the first and 10th tees. Host duties will be shared by a golf foursome – Annika Sorenstam, Graeme McDowell, Peter Jacobsen and Curtis Strange – plus former Homeland Security chief and Palmer confidant Tom Ridge. … Day tees it up for the first time since the West Coast, where he had two top-12s in four starts but was 64th last time out at Riviera. … Stenson, an Orlando resident who lives some 45 minutes away, returns in quest of his first Bay Hill victory. He’s been no worse than fifth in the past three years.

Television: Thursday-Friday, 2-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 12:30-2:30 p.m. (GC), 2:30-6 p.m. (NBC).

Conservative Party Leadership Odds Update

The CBC is reporting that the front-runners for the Conservative Party of Canada leadership are Bernier and O’Leary according to an index that predicts first ballot results. The index takes into account a number of factors such as fundraising and polls. With limited polls and other predictive data available, these types of data releases provide some quantitative substance that can be used to predict the outcome of the race.

The index also predicts there will be no winner on the first ballot. The eventual winner of the race for leader will likely be determined by which candidate can trade up during election night.

CoinRoster has posted a pool where users can predict the outcome of the Conservative Party of Canada leadership race. User can bet on the candidate(s) they believe will be the next leader of the Conservative Party of Canada. The pool can be found here.

Valspar Championship Fantasy Golf

The PGA Tour stops this week in Florida at Innisbrook, and its also the first week CoinRoster will test our fantasy golf games. We have posted two fantasy games, one Double-Up game with a 0.001 btc entry fee per roster, and one Jackpot game with a 0.0001 btc entry fee per roster.

The Course: Innisbrook Resort (Copperhead), 7,340 yards, par 71. Not your typical Florida layout, the Copperhead winds through rolling, tree-lined terrain just north of Clearwater and is a favorite among many PGA TOUR players for its no-nonsense demands. Designer Larry Packard carved double doglegs on a pair of par-5s, putting a premium on positioning to reach the green in two, and the closing three holes make up the “Snake Pit” – two bruising par-4s sandwiched around the 215-yard 17th. Open in 1972, Innisbrook spent 24 years as site of the JC Penney team event pairing PGA TOUR and LPGA pros, then became a regular stop in 2000.

The Field: Henrik Stenson, felled by a stomach virus in Mexico, and triple 2016-17 winner Justin Thomas headline a field that features four of the top 15 players in the current world rankings and eight of the top 30. … No.12 Patrick Reed and No.15 Bubba Watson are the other top-15 players to commit. For Watson, it’s his first return to the Copperhead since 2011. … Lee McCoy, fourth last year as an amateur, is back on a sponsor exemption. The former Georgia standout grew up at Innisbrook and estimates he’s played the Copperhead more than 1,000 times. … Other exemptions went to Zach Wright, who won the Valspar Collegiate last year while at LSU, and former Texas standout Beau Hossler. … Brian Gay is set for his 17th Innisbrook start in the tournament’s 18-year history. He missed the 2015 edition with injury.

Storylines: After lasting just 11 holes at the World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship, Stenson hopes a return to Florida puts him back on track. Until flying to Mexico, he hadn’t finished outside the top 10 anywhere since the FedExCup Playoffs. In his first visit to Innisbrook, he was one shot out of a 2015 playoff won by Jordan Spieth. … Watson, a Florida native who recently moved back to Pensacola, ends a six-year hiatus from the event. He’s tasted success at Innisbrook before, placing third in 2010. … Luke Donald had four straight top-6 finishes from 2011-14, including his 2012 victory, but the past two years haven’t found him inside the top 20. … Not only has the tournament never had a back-to-back winner, just three of 16 defending champs have finished in the top 10 a year later. Jordan Spieth tied for 18th in his defense last year.

Television Coverage: Thursday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-3 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (NBC).

Bet on the Oscars

We have created some Oscars pools for this weekend. CoinRoster has pools for five different Oscars categories: Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Actor, Supporting Actress, and Supporting Actor.

Based on the initial odds, La La Land seems to be the most likely to win Best Picture with implied odds of 1.25. Emma Stone is the favorite to win Best Actress. For Best Actor, the race seems to be between Casey Affleck and Denzel Washington.

The 89th Academy Awards ceremony, presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on February 26, 2017. The ceremony, televised in the United States by ABC and hosted by Comedian Jimmy Kimmel.


CoinRoster Launches Pari-Mutuel Pools

CoinRoster is pleased to announce the launch of our first product: pari-mutuel pools. A pari-mutuel pool is a betting format where the winning wagers receive a pro-rata share of the total amount wagered in the pool minus a rake. Adding pari-mutuel pools to CoinRoster furthers our goal to be the world’s leading fantasy sports community. Our betting pools will be used to complement our fantasy sports platform and help CoinRoster users access a wider variety of unique markets, hedge their positions, and complement their fantasy sports play.

As we post propositions on CoinRoster using pari-mutuel pools, we will aim to continuously improve functionality so users can better access unique markets and gain insight by using the information embedded in each pool.

We have begun by posting pools for Golf, Hockey, Entertainment, Politics, and Financial topics.  In the coming weeks as we test our system, we will be listening closely to input from users and using that input to improve our offerings. We encourage users to get in touch with us to express their opinions.